Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WendyR WendyR is offline

Default highlight and backspace key won't delete words

When I highlight words or letters and use backspace key it won't delete. How
can I change it back to deleting like it used to?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Somewhere in the Options (depends which version of Word you have)
there's one that covers exactly that situation. No idea why they've
made it an option -- it should be checked (ticked).

On Aug 12, 5:33*pm, WendyR wrote:
When I highlight words or letters and use backspace key it won't delete. How
can I change it back to deleting like it used to?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Select Tools Options Edit tab and turn on "Typing replaces selection".

In case of Word 2007, you will find the option he Office button Word
Options Advanced category (near the top).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)