HOW TO MAKE BLINKING WORDS IN WORD?

Old October 31st 08, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ijuabraham

Default HOW TO MAKE BLINKING WORDS IN WORD?

when we prepare a document in word or in execl, i need some words or sentence
must be blinking. is it possible or not?
Old October 31st 08, 01:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

ijuabraham wrote:
when we prepare a document in word or in execl, i need some words or
sentence must be blinking. is it possible or not?

In Word versions up to 2003, you can select the part of the text, go to
Format Font Text Effects, and select "blinking background". I don't have
an older version of Excel any more, so I don't know whether it offered the
same effect.

The text effects were removed from Office 2007 programs, partly because
they're so annoying.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old October 31st 08, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The short answer is no.
In Word 2003 and earlier you can format font ext teffects blinking
background, which is as near as Word will allow.
In Word 2007 the command seems to have been removed from the dialog, but you
can still add the effect by macro

Sub Blink()
Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationBlinkingBackground
End Sub

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old November 1st 08, 03:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
live4fun

Yes, in Word, go Ctrl+D, or go Format then Font, go to special effects and
you can choose blinking background

Old December 8th 09, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bod

What about all the other text effects? Las Vegas lights, marching ants, etc?
I looked in the new, frustratingly inane, talking help, and it referred to
"text effects" as the emboss, strikethrough dialogue - referring to a
different set of options under the name of what is no longer available,
rather than just saying "we removed this functionality"?

Old December 8th 09, 03:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_]

Option Explicit
Sub AT1()
Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationBlinkingBackground
End Sub
Sub AT2()
Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationLasVegasLights
End Sub
Sub AT3()
Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationMarchingBlackAnts
End Sub
Sub AT4()
Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationMarchingRedAnts
End Sub
Sub AT5()
Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationShimmer
End Sub
Sub AT6()
Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationSparkleText
End Sub
Sub AT7()
Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationNone
End Sub

Old July 10th 19, 09:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]