2nd style applied in paragraph inherits font size from first style

Old November 18th 08, 11:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JasonTheDCE

Default 2nd style applied in paragraph inherits font size from first style

I have a single line of text that I want to apply two styles to. The 1st
style is Franklin Gothic Heavy with 12 pt font, no italics. The 2nd is Book
Antiqua, 10 pt, italic. When I highlight the 2nd set of text and apply the
style, it changes the font and italicizes, but it keeps the 12 pt size. If I
modify the style to 9 or 11 pt, it changes the font size correctly. I'm a
fairly experience Word user and at a loss for the reason. Hopefully someone
else knows the answer. Sample document available upon request.
Old November 19th 08, 09:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

You can create two character styles with the desired settings and then apply
those styles to the relevant pieces of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

Old November 19th 08, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JasonTheDCE

Default 2nd style applied in paragraph inherits font size from first s

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Jason