Office 2016 - Help: Creating Master/Slave auto-text fields

Old July 26th 19, 02:19 AM
DCantora DCantora is offline

Default Office 2016 - Help: Creating Master/Slave auto-text fields

Hi All ,

I've been playing with this all day and I really hope someone can help me. It's driving me nuts because it looks like something I should be able to do but for the life of me I can't figure out how.

I want to create a meeting agenda with 10 agenda items:
* Item 1 & 2 will be to review Notes & Actions from last meeting
* Items 3-10 will have their own single "notes" field and "Actions" field
* At the end of the agenda I want a table that collates all the "notes" & "actions" from sections 3-10 so they can be copied and pasted in to sections 1 & 2 for next months meeting very easily.

Using Quick Part "Document Properties" I can do exactly what I want - and I can lock the fields in dev mode so they cant be accidentally deleted.

The only issue is I'm limited to 14 different properties and I'm going to need ~35 (the "notes" section has two parts: a part for the notes and a part for who referenced it; the "actions" will have three parts: The action, who it is assigned to, and when it is due).

Attached is a cut down version of the doc i'm working on that only shows an example of sections 1, 2, & 3 and then the table for notes & actions.

If anyone knows how I can do this, I'd be super happy. I thought there might be a way to use tables and formulas but I played with that and watched a few videos/etc and couldn't find a way.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Example Agenda Template.zip (69.9 KB, 8 views)
Old July 30th 19, 04:27 AM
DCantora DCantora is offline

I haven't found a full solution yet but using bookmarks with {ref 'bookmark} seems to be the only way so far. This causes other issues. I might post on the MS forums to see if anyone there can come up with other ideas.
Old July 31st 19, 11:19 PM
DCantora DCantora is offline

The solution was to use content control & bookmark that.