Help with using bookmarks & {Ref}

Old July 30th 19, 12:27 AM
DCantora DCantora is offline

Default Help with using bookmarks & {Ref}

Hi All,

I am working on a company wide meeting agenda that has 10 agenda items. Each item will have it's own table for taking notes or actions (each table is just 1 row with either 2 or 3 cells), and I want those to collate @ the bottom of the document in tables so they can be easily shared or moved to the top for the next meeting to be reviewed as the past meeting notes / actions.

Using bookmarks seems to be the only way I can do this, but I run in to two problems:

Issue 1. If I use the bookmark for all 3 cells then each row is pasted at the bottom of the doc as its own table and I can't merge them together.
2. Because the text has to be entered after the doc is created, I can't bookmark a specific word. The only work around for this is to put a dozen or so spaces and hope the person clicks in the middle of them somewhere to start typing - but this means the end result at the bottom is an uneven array of text (looks unprofessional)

The images attached are named Issue 1 (showing what I want, but what happens) & Issue 2 for the above.

Does anyone know how to either
1. Bookmark a section before text is written to it and have the written text appear in the {ref bookmark} section?
2. Know how to copy several independent rows of cells and have them for a single table?
Attached Images

Old July 31st 19, 11:22 PM
DCantora DCantora is offline

the solution was to use content control text boxes and bookmark the content control (in design mode) and then ref that.
Old August 30th 19, 12:00 PM
TroyScudder TroyScudder is offline

I make a lot of bookmarks, when work with Microsoft Word. I am a student, so I often write different essays. I am very happy to every help, so persuasive essays on https://phdessay.com/category/persuasive/ save my time and make my education easier.
Old September 7th 19, 09:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ever green

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 6:31:08 PM UTC-7, DCantora wrote:
[...]

|Filename: Issue 1 - bookmarks.JPG |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=241|
|Filename: Issue 2 - bookmarks.JPG |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=242|

DCantora

i do it

bookmarks in PDF Ammammata Microsoft Word Help 1 September 3rd 18 11:57 AM
Bookmarks Chuck Jurgens[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 May 8th 07 01:17 PM
Word 2007 bookmarks - How to display bookmarks on page? rgille Microsoft Word Help 1 April 21st 07 10:06 PM
Bookmarks suinat New Users 0 October 2nd 05 05:01 PM
Bookmarks Brady Finney Tables 1 February 23rd 05 09:12 PM