A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Microsoft Word Help
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Word icon changing to Wordperfect on e-mail attachment only

Old July 30th 19, 07:55 PM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: Jul 2019
Default Word icon changing to Wordperfect on e-mail attachment only

This is driving me crazy and I cannot find a solution. When I save a Word document as .doc or .docx, it does show the Word Icon wherever I save the file (my documents, desktop, etc). However, when I attach the same document to an e-mail, the icon changes to a WordPerfect icon. It will still open as a Word document, but it's confusing to my clients. This only happens when I attach a Word document to an e-mail and nowhere else. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Ads