Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ida24 Ida24 is offline
Junior Member

Default Formatting issues (numbering and other issues) in big document. Possibly corrupted. C

Hello everyone,

I´m completing a draft of my master thesis and I´ve run into big problems (at least for me) with the formatting of the document.

I´ve tried Googling it for the better half of the day, but no luck on my end, so I sincerely hope someone here can be of assistance.

I suspect something might have happened a week ago when I found myself unable to save the document and the save screen were simply looping all over again. I went to a computer store where they helped me by saving it as PDF and then converting it back to a docx document. It seemed okay for the time being, but as I move on to numbering and other formatting, things are just messed up now.

Current issues summarized:

1. Numbering of pages is inconsistent. It´s correct on some pages, but missing on others. I´ve tried removing the numbering and renumbering, but not able to do so...

2. Page break is messed up on some pages. The text continues all the way down to the bottom of the page...

3. In some parts of the document I´m getting a large blank space where I obviously want text. But I can´t move the text up for some reason.

That´s basically it, I think. I tried Open & Repair also and resaving it in other formats, but no luck. My non computer brain is having a shutdown at the moment, so I would be so happy if someone could give me any pointers on this.

Thanks so much in advance!

I´m attaching the document and also some screenshots to highlight the particular issues.

PS: I´m using a Mac and Office 2016 for Mac.

Sincerely,

Ida
Attached Images