Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ericat

Default resume won't upload with margins/tabs intact

help! I am trying to send a resume from Word 2003 (in Windows XP) to Yahoo
hot jobs. When I view the document in Word it is fine, but when I upload it
to Yahoo it comes out with the indents all messed up. I cannot find a way to
make it work. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Don't know anything about Yahoo hot jobs, but as a general principle, if you
want to preserve formatting, use a PDF, not a Word document.

"Ericat" wrote in message
help! I am trying to send a resume from Word 2003 (in Windows XP) to Yahoo
hot jobs. When I view the document in Word it is fine, but when I upload
it
to Yahoo it comes out with the indents all messed up. I cannot find a way
make it work. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

I suspect that Yahoo is converting the item to HTML or Plain Text format.
If they are, your tab settings will be wiped out by that process.

What, exactly, do you mean by "indents"? In Word, that's a technical term
that describes the distance between a paragraph and the document left or
right margin. Is that what you mean?

Cheers

On 27/3/06 3:57 PM, in article
, "Ericat"
wrote:

help! I am trying to send a resume from Word 2003 (in Windows XP) to Yahoo
hot jobs. When I view the document in Word it is fine, but when I upload it
to Yahoo it comes out with the indents all messed up. I cannot find a way to
make it work. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410