Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silver Surfer Silver Surfer is offline

Default where can I find Happy buddies day doc x

I have been sent an attachment in e-mail which says happy Buddies Day Doc x.
I can't down load it . I found it in C:\Softpaq file but can't open it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are not running Word 2007, ask the sender to save the file in Word
97-2003 format, and then send it again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Silver Surfer" Silver wrote in message
news
I have been sent an attachment in e-mail which says happy Buddies Day Doc
x.
I can't down load it . I found it in C:\Softpaq file but can't open it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Any file at that has an extension after doc should be treated as poisonous.
Where did this file come from?

Silver Surfer wrote:
I have been sent an attachment in e-mail which says happy Buddies Day
Doc x. I can't down load it . I found it in C:\Softpaq file but can't
open it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Do you know who sent this file? Were you expecting an attachment from this
person? I'll be darned if I'd try to open it without emailing that person
directly and asking them what it is because it sounds malicious to me.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Silver Surfer" Silver wrote in message
news
I have been sent an attachment in e-mail which says happy Buddies Day Doc
x.
I can't down load it . I found it in C:\Softpaq file but can't open it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are not running Word 2007, ask the sender to save the file in Word
97-2003 format, and then send it again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Silver Surfer" Silver wrote in message
news
I have been sent an attachment in e-mail which says happy Buddies Day Doc
x.
I can't down load it . I found it in C:\Softpaq file but can't open it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silver Surfer[_2_] Silver Surfer[_2_] is offline

yes thanks JoAnn, I will contact them when they come back from holiday, it
will not be malicious.It is from a friend

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Do you know who sent this file? Were you expecting an attachment from this
person? I'll be darned if I'd try to open it without emailing that person
directly and asking them what it is because it sounds malicious to me.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Silver Surfer" Silver wrote in message
news
I have been sent an attachment in e-mail which says happy Buddies Day Doc
x.
I can't down load it . I found it in C:\Softpaq file but can't open it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Don't be silly! One of the main ways of spreading viruses is to rifle
address books and send messages to all and sundry contained in them. Your
friend may have a virus!
DO NOT OPEN THIS until you confirm that it is genuine!