Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
szecsenyicsilla szecsenyicsilla is offline

Default Hyperlinks changing in a copied/sent rtf document

I have an rtf document created by MS Access 2003 from an MS Access report
based on an MS Acces table containing a Hyperlink datatype field that (seems
to) have a relative link to open a file on the local network filesystem.
For example: ../../SFTeam\1073-MO-2007.doc (mdb is located in a local server
and also the linked files).

However in the generated rtf file the link shows the full path with name of
server and the additional folders. When I copy the rtf file to my local
computer, the link changes: it shows the local folders and that's why it
doesn't work.

Last week when I copied the generated rtf file to my local computer, the
relative path became absolute one. The link worked from my computer because
it contained the information of the original location of the linked file.

But this week it doesn't work...

Does anybody know how it can be?

But the most important would be to know: how to set the Access or/and Word
that the links in the generated rtf file to be absolute ones to work from any
location?