Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Seth M. Seth M. is offline

Default Why is Word so slow

Have XP SP3
With Office 2007.
Word itself opens up fine.
But if I create a Word Document, then open it later, that document is so
slow to open (even if only 50 characters in length).

Is there a speed up fix?

Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
newson newson is offline

I would back up my system and apply Office 2007 SP1 and see if that improves
the situation. By the way some antivirus software will always check when a
document is opened so check that also.

"Seth M." wrote:

Have XP SP3
With Office 2007.
Word itself opens up fine.
But if I create a Word Document, then open it later, that document is so
slow to open (even if only 50 characters in length).

Is there a speed up fix?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Seth M. Seth M. is offline

Thanks - I'll look into the update & check with ESET to see whats up and if
any work around.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Seth M. Seth M. is offline

Newson-

Well, Office SP1 wont help- I already had it on my system (as per the msg
when I attempted to install this afternoon).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
newson newson is offline

Seth

Do you have a large amount of autotext or macros saved in Word. By the way
what anti-virus are you running?

"Seth M." wrote:

Newson-

Well, Office SP1 wont help- I already had it on my system (as per the msg
when I attempted to install this afternoon).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Seth M. Seth M. is offline

I have not created any Macros or Auto Texts.
Now if Word has any built in, how /where would I found them?

My A/V is Eset Smart Security. I can't tell if its scanning for Word files.
I created a Post in their form and so far no responses.