Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sylny Sylny is offline

Default "Send to Mail Recipient Icon" - Associate with Thunderbird

How do I associate my "Send to Mail Recipient" icon on the Word97 toolbar
with the Thunderbird mail program? It currently opens up the old email
"Outlook" program
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried setting Thunderbird as the the default e-mail application on
your system?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sylny" wrote in message
How do I associate my "Send to Mail Recipient" icon on the Word97 toolbar
with the Thunderbird mail program? It currently opens up the old email
"Outlook" program

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sylny Sylny is offline

Yes, it was, is set to default email, but that doesn't seem to make any
difference. It's the Vista operating system, if that's relevant.
Thanks,
Sylvia

"Sylny" wrote in message
How do I associate my "Send to Mail Recipient" icon on the Word97 toolbar
with the Thunderbird mail program? It currently opens up the old email
"Outlook" program

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it seems as if the Send to Mail
Recipient command in Word is hard-coded to work with Microsoft Outlook only.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sylny" wrote in message
How do I associate my "Send to Mail Recipient" icon on the Word97
toolbar
with the Thunderbird mail program? It currently opens up the old email
"Outlook" program

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sylny Sylny is offline

"Sylny" wrote in message
How do I associate my "Send to Mail Recipient" icon on the Word97
toolbar
with the Thunderbird mail program? It currently opens up the old email
"Outlook" program

For your sake and mine, I hope you're wrong, There's corporate arrogance and there's foolhardy corporate arrogance.

Sylvia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, of course, I should have mentioned that.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sylny" wrote in message
How do I associate my "Send to Mail Recipient" icon on the Word97
toolbar
with the Thunderbird mail program? It currently opens up the old
email
"Outlook" program

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Suzanne suggests, save the file and send it as an attachment instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP