alphaterry

Default automatic style change

I'm trying to format a small section of text. Let's say I want to right
justify. Doing this applies the right justify to the whole document. Backing
up twice with CTRL-Z applies it to the desired section only. Seems like I
have a "automatic" style update function turned on somewhere. How do I turn
it off?

alphaterry

Thanks - that was the problem. I actually managed to figure it out about 10
minutes after I posted the question. Someday perhaps they'll bundle all these
little "features" in the same place.

"alphaterry" wrote:

I'm trying to format a small section of text. Let's say I want to right
justify. Doing this applies the right justify to the whole document. Backing
up twice with CTRL-Z applies it to the desired section only. Seems like I
have a "automatic" style update function turned on somewhere. How do I turn
it off?

Incredi-Boy

Just a note about this solution: The important factor is to check the box for
€œAdd to template.€ Otherwise the Automatically Update will switch itself back
ON!!! When you close this document (after applying these changes), use Save
As and call it what you want, placed somewhere where you can find it later.
It may seem that you have just saved the changes to that doc, but not the
Template. But you have.

Then you can go back to the doc that you saved and delete it. Next time you
open a Blank Word doc, the Automatic Update will be unchecked.

"alphaterry" wrote:

I'm trying to format a small section of text. Let's say I want to right
justify. Doing this applies the right justify to the whole document. Backing
up twice with CTRL-Z applies it to the desired section only. Seems like I
have a "automatic" style update function turned on somewhere. How do I turn
it off?

garfield-n-odie

Incredi-Boy: Had you bothered to read the referenced article,
you would see that step 5 under the "Word 2002" section and step
4 under the "In previous versions" section say "Check the box for
'Add to template.'"