Candace

Default Mailmerge vs. form fields

I have created a mailmerge Word document. The document is actually a replica
of a form. I created a table to hold all of the info so that I could control
layout. A few of the "fields" are mail merge. But some of them, mostly for
figures, have to be filled out manually. My problem is I wanted the users to
be able to tab through the document, landing on only the fields in which they
need to type data, not in fields that just contain descriptive information.
But once a document is merged to new document, any form fields that I have
created disappear. Is there anyway to adjust this document so that it
contains my mail merge fields, but also allows users to tab through and type
in select fields?
Doug Robbins

The two features are not compatible. It is however possible to use a macro
to create a series of separate form documents with some parts of each one
populated with data from a separate record in a data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP