Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ozilline

Default Creating a blank section following a table

I'm working with a set of templates for a customer.
Each template contains a table where the user typs in information lika date,
time, no. of pages etc, as well as a recipient list. The recipient list must
be updatable with more rows, since there are sometimes more than one
recipient...

Following this table, I would like to create a blank section to divide the
table from the text that the users type in. Since the table contains field
codes, it can't be placed in the header. And since the last row of the table
isn't static (the user can add more rows for more recipients), I can't use
the table format alternative format last row either.

Any clues? Is there a way of using section breaks to solve this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

"Ozilline" wrote in message
I'm working with a set of templates for a customer.
Each template contains a table where the user typs in information lika
date,
time, no. of pages etc, as well as a recipient list. The recipient list
must
be updatable with more rows, since there are sometimes more than one
recipient...

Following this table, I would like to create a blank section to divide the
table from the text that the users type in. Since the table contains field
codes, it can't be placed in the header. And since the last row of the
table
isn't static (the user can add more rows for more recipients), I can't use
the table format alternative format last row either.

Any clues? Is there a way of using section breaks to solve this problem?

What problem? Go ahead and insert section breaks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ozilline

I'm not that familiar with using section breaks - how do I do it? I've tried,
but I can't find a way to create that blank space...

"Jezebel" skrev:

"Ozilline" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ozilline

Okay, but is there a way of locking the section break without locking the
entire document? My experience tells me that users often delete breaks etc by
mistake... the reason why I don't want to lock the entire template is that
the users must be allowed to insert images etc into their documents....

"Jezebel" skrev:

Insert Break

"Jezebel" skrev:

"Ozilline" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Tools Protect document.

Protect only the sections containing form fields, and not the sections where
users will insert stuff.

"Ozilline" wrote in message
Okay, but is there a way of locking the section break without locking the
entire document? My experience tells me that users often delete breaks etc
by
mistake... the reason why I don't want to lock the entire template is that
the users must be allowed to insert images etc into their documents....

"Jezebel" skrev:

Insert Break