Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debbie60 Debbie60 is offline

Default How do I move, duplicate, rename folders in Word Standard 2007

Hi, in old Word 2003 (My Documents) there was a sub-menu at the left of the
screen that allows you to save, rename, delete and move files in folders,
does Word 2007 have this facility and where can I find it.
Also how do I start a search in Word 2007 to find files and folders. Many
Thanks.
--
debbie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Debbie,

in old Word 2003 (My Documents) there was a sub-menu at the left of the
screen that allows you to save, rename, delete and move files in folders,
does Word 2007 have this facility and where can I find it.
Also how do I start a search in Word 2007 to find files and folders.

In Office 2007, all of this kind of functionality is based on what your
version of Windows offers. You should be able to right-click any item in the
dialog box and use the context menu to do things like create folders,
rename, etc.

File search also depends on what Windows offers. I have Office installed on
Windows Vista, with IE 7, for example, and I get a "Search" box at the top
right of the File Open dialog box.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org