Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
3lliot 3lliot is offline

Default cell data indents don't save to style

I've got a table data style in a custom template. The indents are set so the
text sits outside the cell border.

If I edit the style indents via modify format paragraph, it ignores the
indenting that is already applied to the table so I have to set it to a large
value.

If I edit the indenting using the ruler, and select 'update [style] to match
selection', it resets the indenting to what it was before.

If I double-click the tabs on the ruler, I get the actual indenting that is
being applied, but when I reset it, and select select 'update [style] to
match selection', it resets again.

Also the 'bold' formatting switch is reversed - it's bolded when it's off,
regular when it's on.

I'm actually considering going round to Bill Gates' place and setting fire
to his face.

If anyone has any tips on how I can sort this out please let me know.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"3lliot" wrote in message
news
I've got a table data style in a custom template. The indents are set so
the
text sits outside the cell border.

If I edit the style indents via modify format paragraph, it ignores
the
indenting that is already applied to the table so I have to set it to a
large
value.

If I edit the indenting using the ruler, and select 'update [style] to
match
selection', it resets the indenting to what it was before.

If I double-click the tabs on the ruler, I get the actual indenting that
is
being applied, but when I reset it, and select select 'update [style] to
match selection', it resets again.

Paragraph and table styles don't always play nicely together, which might
explain the behavior you are seeing (for more, take a look at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html).

Also the 'bold' formatting switch is reversed - it's bolded when it's off,
regular when it's on.

The Bold button acts as a toggle: if the current paragraph style includes
bold formatting, the button turns it off, and vice versa. Check the settings
of your style(s), for example by using the Reveal Formatting pane
(Shift+F1).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP