LongTimeAlaskan

Default Word 2002 installation problems

I apologize for the length of my message but it has been a lengthy battle. I
have a Dell Dimension 8250 computer with Windows XP. For the past several
months I have had difficulty getting my Word 2002 to function properly. It
frequently would not open or would partially open and then freeze. The
Windows Task Manager showed that Word was "Not Responding".

I tried using "Detect and Repair" in "Help" in Word but Word 2002 still
didn't improve. I opened the Control Panel, clicked on Word 2002 and tried
to repair Word that way but it didn't work. Finally I uninstalled Word 2002
and Microsoft Works 2003 and inserted Disc 1 of the Microsoft Works Suite
2003 that came with my computer and reinstalled them. Microsoft Works 2003
reinstalled ok but Word 2002 did not install properly. I can't find it when
I click on "Start" and "All Programs". Also the Works Task Launcher shows
Word but when I click on it I get the message "The Works Task Launcher cannot
access the task you selected. Files needed to start the program may be
missing, corrupted, or may have been deleted. To retore or replace the
files, reinstall the program, and then try starting the program again."

I've tried to reinstall the program about 3 times now with the same results.
I first tried to custom install Word 2002 by itself and that didn't work. I
then uninstalled Microsoft Works Suite 2003 and Word 2002 and then
reinstalled both. It shows Word 2002 installing but I can't find it. What
am I doing wrong?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TG9uZ1RpbWVBbGFza2Fu?=,

I suggest you ask in a WORKS newsgroup, or the word.setup.networking newsgroup.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
saving the workspace Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 12:32 AM
Word 2002 Document Problems cass_b Microsoft Word Help 1 December 2nd 04 11:53 AM