Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LoveMe LoveMe is offline

Default unable to protect document word 2007 Vista

Want to protect word 2007 document. I select Office Button then Encrypt
Document, Enter Password twice, save file then close file. When I go to
Open the document it opens right up without asking for password.
Any suggest?

compatibility mode ok because the files was saved with Word 7.

--
Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word Options Save As Word Document From the save as dialog Tools
General enter a password in the password to open dialog. Click OK
Confirm the password Save Close.

LoveMe wrote:
Want to protect word 2007 document. I select Office Button then
Encrypt Document, Enter Password twice, save file then close file.
When I go to Open the document it opens right up without asking for
password.
Any suggest?

compatibility mode ok because the files was saved with Word 7.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LoveMe LoveMe is offline

Save as - does not have password option.
It has word document, word template, word 97-2003 document, find addins for
other title formats, other formats.
Other formats is save to disk.

This Office Professional 2007 that I purchase from school(academic)
--
Ed

"LoveMe" wrote:

Want to protect word 2007 document. I select Office Button then Encrypt
Document, Enter Password twice, save file then close file. When I go to
Open the document it opens right up without asking for password.
Any suggest?

compatibility mode ok because the files was saved with Word 7.

--
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LoveMe LoveMe is offline

Problem solve saving document with password using Encrypt I had to do
inspected document first€¦
--
Ed

"LoveMe" wrote:

Want to protect word 2007 document. I select Office Button then Encrypt
Document, Enter Password twice, save file then close file. When I go to
Open the document it opens right up without asking for password.
Any suggest?

compatibility mode ok because the files was saved with Word 7.

--
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Yes it does!
Follow the path I gave you
1. Save As
2. Word Documentr
3. Tools (bottom left of the SaveAs dialog)
4 General