Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Merge Excel to Avery 30607 labels

Create the merge as though you were using all the labels.
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
Propagate the labels to put the data in all the cells.
Change the document type from labels to letter.
Select and delete the content of the left column.
Delete the {Next} record filed from the top label.
Add your fixed data to the cells in the left column
Merge away

Christiarc wrote:
I have a template for Avery 30607 1"x4" labels, 20 per sheet in 2
columns of
10. The return label is setup on all 10 of the left hand labels. I
want to merge my Excel sheet data into ONLY the right side 10 labels.
Naturally, if the merge goes past the end of the page (which it
certainly will...I do mail merges of thousands), I want it to
continue on.

The merge goes perfectly until I "preview labels," then it all goes
awry!

So far, I have found no way to keep the merge from continuing on from
the top right side label to the left side lables..under the .jpg
image I have on the left side labels used as the return labels.

We used to be provided with pre-printed labels. Now we must do our
own return and mailing labels. I hope someone will be able to guide
me through this without having to do all the return labels on one
sheet and all the mailing labels on another. It would be much easier
to address the envelopes without having to go from one sheet to
another, with each envelope.

Help!