Rachelle

Default text wrapping in grouped objects

Hi! I am trying to group a picture and a text box in my newsletter. But once
I group the two, the wrapping function wont work and it ends up covering a
part of my newsletter. I started with both as floating graphic with square as
the text wrapping. Can anyone help me? How do I group objects and still have
it floating and able to turn on square text wrappng? Thanks.

Rachelle
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Rachelle,

You didn't mention the version of Word or if you're working
on a full page width or within multiple columns (Format=Columns)
in Word

It can sometimes get a bit tricky when you have the two types
of objects grouped together. If you use Draw=Text Wrapping
on the Drawing toolbar and 'tear off' that sub toolbar (click
on drag on the top of the flyout toolbar) so you can watch it
you may find that it stays greyed out if you've clicked on the
textbox (i.e. if you see the grey (x) (circled x) handles on
the picture. If that's the case, click back into the text
area then click on the top 'boundary' of the picture part
of the group (may need to vary this slightly depending on
the relative sizes and positions of the text box and the graphic)
and see if the text wrapping choices go 'live' for you.

What is the effect you're trying to achieve by grouping these
items together? There may be another approach that would work
better for you.

======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Rachelle

hi,
i'm using word 2002. i am putting a caption under the picture and i want the
text box and picture to stay together so i can move it anywhere in the
newsletter as i make it.

thanks.

"Rachelle" wrote in message ...
Hi! I am trying to group a picture and a text box in my newsletter. But once
I group the two, the wrapping function wont work and it ends up covering a
part of my newsletter. I started with both as floating graphic with square as
the text wrapping. Can anyone help me? How do I group objects and still have
it floating and able to turn on square text wrappng? Thanks.

Rachelle
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Rachelle

hi bob,

i was able to do text wrapping. i used text wrapping in the drawing toolbar
instead of the text wrapping in the picture toolbar. thanks again.

rachelle