Barbara Wyman

Default How do I create a document with a check list but that others can .

I am creating a template that I want to contain skeleton text that other will
fill in when they create a document from the Word template. I also want the
document to include a list of check boxes that they can use. However, if I
turn on protection, they users can use the check boxes, but they cant add
their own text to flesh out the document. If I turn Protection off, they can
add all of the text they want, but the check boxes dont work.
Can I create a document that has both features? Thanks!
Jay Freedman

Hi Barbara,

Insert a continuous section break between the check boxes and the other
area. When you protect the document, use the Tools Protect dialog instead
of the lock icon on the toolbar. When you click the Forms option in the
dialog, then click the Sections button next to it and uncheck the section
that should be unprotected. Click OK and save the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Barbara Wyman" wrote:

I am creating a template that I want to contain skeleton text that other will
fill in when they create a document from the Word template. I also want the
document to include a list of check boxes that they can use. However, if I
turn on protection, they users can use the check boxes, but they cant add
their own text to flesh out the document. If I turn Protection off, they can
add all of the text they want, but the check boxes dont work.
Can I create a document that has both features? Thanks!

Charles Kenyon

There are a number of ways to create and use clickable checkboxes in
documents / templates. Some require protected or locked forms, others do
not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these.

--

Charles Kenyon