Linda

Default How do I move a line of text up or down

How do I move a line of text up or down in small increments like in
WordPerfect? I think it was called manual kerning in WordPerfect.
--
Linda
garfield-n-odie

Insert an { ADVANCE } field. Quoting from Word help:

{ ADVANCE [Switches ] }

Offsets the starting point of text that follows the ADVANCE field to the
right or left, up or down, or to a specific horizontal or vertical position.

Note Before you use this field, try to adjust the text placement with
the Font, Paragraph, or Tabs command (Format menu).

Switches

The switches used by the ADVANCE field can cause text to overlap. Text
will not print if the ADVANCE field moves text to the previous or next
page or beyond the print margins of the current page.

\d
Moves the text that follows the field down by the specified number of
points. For example, { ADVANCE \d 4 } moves text down 4 points.

\u
Moves the text that follows the field up by the specified number of points.

\l
Moves the text that follows the field to the left by the specified
number of points.

\r
Moves the text that follows the field to the right by the specified
number of points.

\x
Moves the text that follows the field the specified distance from the
left edge of the column, frame, or text box. For example, { ADVANCE \x 4
} starts text 4 points from the left edge.

\y
Moves the text that follows the field to the specified vertical position
relative to the current line position. The entire line of text that
contains the field is moved.

Note Microsoft Word ignores the \y switch if you specify a location
outside the page margins or use the switch in tables, text boxes,
footnotes, endnotes, annotations, headers, or footers. To see the effect
of the \y switch, use print layout view.

Linda wrote:

How do I move a line of text up or down in small increments like in
WordPerfect? I think it was called manual kerning in WordPerfect.

align text center and right on the same line Annette Frank Microsoft Word Help 9 May 5th 23 08:49 AM
Pleadings - Line Numbering aligning with text GregBausman Page Layout 3 April 25th 05 05:10 AM
Justifed text in Numbered lists, last line of parapgraph spacing m ITILMan Microsoft Word Help 4 February 6th 05 04:57 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
How to not select whole line of text when clicking to right lms Microsoft Word Help 5 November 26th 04 05:15 PM