Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Instructor

Default Size of footnote area

Can it be changed to increase the number of footnotes that appear on the
page? What determines how many footnotes can appear on the page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Why do my footnotes sometimes end up on a different page
from their references in the text?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ootnoteFAQ.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Word Instructor" wrote in
message ...
Can it be changed to increase the number of footnotes that appear on the
page? What determines how many footnotes can appear on the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Instructor

This helps but what I really want to know is whether you can actually change
the percent of the page that is devoted to footnotes. Let's say you have 10
footnotes on the page but some of the footnotes get bumped to another page
because the footnotes start to gobble up the lower portion of the page. Is
there somewhere that you can indicate that footnotes can take up 60% of the
page?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the article "Why do my footnotes sometimes end up on a different page
from their references in the text?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ootnoteFAQ.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Word Instructor" wrote in
message ...
Can it be changed to increase the number of footnotes that appear on the
page? What determines how many footnotes can appear on the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Instructor

Thanks. I think we have beat it to death and there is no easy way. I
appreciate all the replies

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the article "Why do my footnotes sometimes end up on a different page
from their references in the text?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ootnoteFAQ.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Word Instructor" wrote in
message ...
Can it be changed to increase the number of footnotes that appear on the
page? What determines how many footnotes can appear on the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your intention is to have all the footnotes appear on the page where they
are referenced, then this is addressed in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...OnDiffPage.htm, which also
deals with how to keep footnotes from being continued to the next page. But
if you want to limit the space available to a certain percentage in order to
maintain some sort of consistency between pages, then, no, there is no
(easy) way to do this in Word because Word's goal is to at least start each
footnote on the page where it is referenced.

"Word Instructor" wrote in
message ...