Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] andrewblundon@gmail.com is offline

Default Printed Document Changes Field Codes

Word 2003 in Win XP

I have a strange situation where a printed document has different
values for a field that the document on the screen.

In the head of my doc, I have the following Line of Text and Fields:
Page {page} of {={sectionpages}+1}

The result should be something like:

Page 5 of 35

Where the current page is 5 and the number of pages in the section is
34 (I need to add 1 for a cover page).

On the Screen (Print Layout), in the print preview and when I print to
a pdf I get:

Page 5 of 35

However, when I print to the printer here at the office, I get on the
paper:

Page 5 of 5

Each page is like that: Page 5 of 5, Page 6 of 6, Page 7 of 7, etc.

Any ideas?