Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cyndi cyndi is offline

Default Find Feature not working in Word 2007

hello,
this is only happend a couple times, but when I open a 2003 word doc in 2007
(compatiablity mode) the find feature along with all the other feature on the
Home Ribbon are grayed out, any reason why, it doesn't seem to be consitent
and I can't find any option. Any help would be create. thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Cyndi,

If you use Office Button=convert do the Home tab options on the ribbon go active?

Was the document protected (check Review=Protect document)

Are you opening the document from Office Button=Open or by another method?

If you start Word while holding down the ctrl key and then opening the document do you get the same results?

If you use the Word option to
Confirm file format conversions on open
(Alt, F, I, A then scroll all the way down to 'General')
and then open the file do you get a confirmation dialog and if so what file format does Word think it is opening.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP