GarryB66 GarryB66 is offline
Junior Member

Default Mail merge - how do I know it has finished?

I am kicking off a Word Mail Merge from an Excel macro.
The code looks like this -

With objDoc.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.MainDocumentType = wdFormLetters
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With
.Execute Pause:=False
End With

This works well. However the mail merge may take a few minutes and I need to know when it has finished so that the macro can save and close the newly-created file (called something like "Letters1").

I notice that when you do the mail merge in Word there seems to be no notification that it has finished, you can only tell by watching the little icon at the bottom.

Can anyone help? Am I trying to do something that is impossible?