Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracy L Tracy L is offline

Default Degree Symbol

We have a document that was a Word 2003 document and is now being opened in
Word 2007. The document has the degree symbol in it, one of our users can
open the document and the symbol is there another user and I try to open it
and the number 8 is there in place of the degree symbol. Since we use old
documents all the time, I would like to know if there is a setting to prevent
this problem. Is anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Tracy,

Are you sure the degree symbol was originally created via Insert|Symbol, using the '°' character from the 'Normal Text' symbol set
and 'Latin-1' sub-set (or via Alt-0176), and not by inserting a character from a different font set?

--
Cheers
macropod