freksam

Default How can I get a document with blank Avery labels to fill in?

I have lots of folks in my work area who want a blank sheet of labels that
they can type unique addresses into. Is it not possible to do that without
creating my own table from scratch with all the proper dimensions?
Doug Robbins

From the Tools menu, select Envelopes and Labels and go to the Labels tab
and click on the Options button and you will be able to select the type of
label that you want to use.

If you look up Labels in the Help facility in Word, you will find a wealth
of information, but, if you get stuck, post back here.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"freksam" wrote in message
I have lots of folks in my work area who want a blank sheet of labels that
they can type unique addresses into. Is it not possible to do that without
creating my own table from scratch with all the proper dimensions?

freksam

Actually I did figure it out after I submitted this message. The help menu
does NOT answer my question. My users wanted a blank document that would have
all the cell dimensions of a specific Avery label size. They would then like
to type a unique address in each cell but don't want to create an entire mail
merge address group. The dialog boxes imply that you have to fill out that
same label address in the blank space given or a return address label. I did
discover that after choosing the label size, you can just click "New
Document" to get such a document. Perhaps I am not explaining this clearly or
using the proper terms, but no such explanation can be found in the Help menu.

From the Tools menu, select Envelopes and Labels and go to the Labels tab

"freksam" wrote in message
I have lots of folks in my work area who want a blank sheet of labels that
they can type unique addresses into. Is it not possible to do that without
creating my own table from scratch with all the proper dimensions?

Doug Robbins

See the last line of this item from Help

Create and print labels for a single item or address
1.. On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click
Envelopes and Labels.
2.. Click the Labels tab.
3.. In the Address box, do one of the following:
a.. If you are creating mailing labels, enter or edit the address.
If you want to use a return address, select the Use return address check
box, and then edit the address if necessary.

b.. If you are creating another type of label, such as a book plate,
type the text you want.
4.. Under Print, do one of the following:
a.. To print a single label, click Single label. Then, type or select
the row and column number on the label sheet for the label you want to
print.
b.. To print the same information on a sheet of labels, click Full page
of the same label.
5.. To select the label type, the type of paper feed, and other options,
click Options, select the options you want, and then click OK.
If the type of label you want to use is not listed in the Product number
box, you might be able to use one of the listed labels, or you can click New
Label to create your own custom labels.

6.. In the Envelopes and Labels dialog box, do one of the following:
a.. To print one or more labels, insert a sheet of labels into the
printer, and then click Print.
b.. To save a sheet of labels for later editing or printing, click New
Document.

--

"freksam" wrote in message
[...]

From the Tools menu, select Envelopes and Labels and go to the Labels tab

"freksam" wrote in message
I have lots of folks in my work area who want a blank sheet of labels
that
they can type unique addresses into. Is it not possible to do that
without
creating my own table from scratch with all the proper dimensions?

estheruzzell

take a look at the avery website, they have blank templates for each of their
products,
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=... =WEB01&node=0

yipeeee i have been trying ti figure this out since time began!
esther

"freksam" wrote in message
[...]

From the Tools menu, select Envelopes and Labels and go to the Labels tab

"freksam" wrote in message
I have lots of folks in my work area who want a blank sheet of labels
that
they can type unique addresses into. Is it not possible to do that
without
creating my own table from scratch with all the proper dimensions?

Avery labels L7162 print too far up the label - looks OK in print. Tracy W Microsoft Word Help 0 April 21st 05 11:49 AM
Labels Avery 8160 caroline New Users 3 March 8th 05 07:40 AM
bar codes into avery labels 5160 like 2162 labels in ms word all. jim a Mailmerge 1 January 4th 05 11:15 AM
Why can't I use Mail Merge Wizard with Avery 2160 labels?. Andy39 Mailmerge 1 December 10th 04 03:19 AM
How do I remove excess blank pages from a finished document? dr.sara Microsoft Word Help 2 November 25th 04 01:14 AM