Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClassyIrish

Default create a text link using a text box for forms

I have a form that may, at times, need to be continued on a sepearate page.
I insert a text box from the control toolbox and would like to do a text
link, where, if there is not enough room to type everything, instead of
wrecking the format of the form by to many line breaks, it will continue on
another page. I can do it with a regulare text box, but then when I protect
the form, you cannot get into it to type what you need to type, whereas with
the control box text box, you can, but I can't get it to do a text link. Can
anyone out there help please.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Use a textbox from the Forms toolbar instead. Many people use control
toolbox objects unnecessarily.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"ClassyIrish" wrote in message
I have a form that may, at times, need to be continued on a sepearate page.
I insert a text box from the control toolbox and would like to do a text
link, where, if there is not enough room to type everything, instead of
wrecking the format of the form by to many line breaks, it will continue
on
another page. I can do it with a regulare text box, but then when I
protect
the form, you cannot get into it to type what you need to type, whereas
with
the control box text box, you can, but I can't get it to do a text link.
Can
anyone out there help please.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClassyIrish

Hi anne,
I have tried the textbox from the forms toolbar, but can't do a text link to
continue on another page. Though, when protected, you can type in it. Used
just a 'textbox' and set up a text link to another page, works perfect, until
you protect the document. I have about a three line area in a form for
someone to type prognosis of a concern. What I want to do is eliminate the
4th line break, which will add a space to my form, which then will bring the
bottom parts of my form to a new page. I don't want that, I would like my
professionals to be able to type to their hearts content, if need be, but
just continue with a text link to another page automatically, all this while
the form is protected. I haven't found the answer to that yet. Maybe you
have an idea or two that I haven't as of yet, tried???

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

I'm not sure what the problem is. If you allow them to type as much as they
want, why do you need to control it going to a new page? Why do you need to
link at all? Trying to understand.
************

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClassyIrish

Because, on the page, which needs to stay intact as is, there is only room to
type in font 8 three lines. If you word wrap into four lines it takes the
end of the form to a new page. I don't want that. IF they need to type more
then three lines, I want it to continue on a blank page at the end of the
three page form. I was having the same trouble with the enter key. Found a
macro that disables the enter key from making a line break in a protected
form. Works fantastic. Found that a regular text box, sized to hold three
lines, and using text box link, works fantastic also, does exactly what I
want, drawback, when the form is protected, can't type anything in the box.
When I try to do a continous break before and after the text box so that I
can unprotect that section, you still can only type AROUND the text box, not
IN the textbox. Hopefully you see my predicament now. Any ideas?

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

A little better, yes, but I think a better design would resolve the issue.
Please feel free to send your doc and I'll check it out.

However, have you tried putting the text form field into a table cell set to
EXACTLY X" high? This would force them to tab to the next field, hopefully.
While it would allow them to continue typing, it won't be seen...
************

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClassyIrish

So, I think, what you are trying to tell me is, that I CANNOT use just a
regular text box with a text link to continue typing, yes?

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

I don't think so, Classy. Not without a couple macros, etc., and even
then...yuk. I really think that some slight redesign could be done to your
document that would make this all unnecessary. (I hate to say CANNOT. I
worked at a helpdesk for 5 years where it's practically forbidden to say
"you can't". Hee hee.)
************

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

We found out that Classy has a form where there's a box on page 1 where the
user would begin typing information. If the information exceeds the space
allowed, the info should continue on page 3. I've advised her to look into
getting some macros: either to allow the user to "hyperlink" by use of the
workaround at
http://www.officearticles.com/word/h...oft_word.ht m
or to get a coder to help develop a userform that'll parse the data into the
two areas.