Alfredo Martinez

Default Word 2002 keyboard shortcut problems

I followed your advice. The two word perfect options were unchecked.
Basically, my problem is: the new keyboard shortcuts work as long as I do
not close the document (even when they are aparently saved in the normal
template). Once I re-start Word, they no longer appear in the list.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Tools options general uncheck the two Word Perfect options.

Mary Cullen wrote:
I am using Windows XP, Word 2002 and some keyboard combinations are
not working as well as other problems.

1. "Ctrl Home" brings up the "Find and Replace" dialog box
2. "Home" does nothing
3. When I try and delete a block of text I get the following on the
bottom left corner of the screen (status bar) : "Delete Block ?
No(Yes)"

The symptoms you describe are all caused by having the WordPerfect options
enabled. I can't think of any other explanation. But this is the first time
you have referred to "new keyboard shortcuts." What new keyboard shortcuts?
If anything saved to Normal.dot is not being saved, do you have Acrobat 7
installed?

"Alfredo Martinez" wrote in
message ...

Mary Cullen wrote:
I am using Windows XP, Word 2002 and some keyboard combinations are
not working as well as other problems.

1. "Ctrl Home" brings up the "Find and Replace" dialog box
2. "Home" does nothing
3. When I try and delete a block of text I get the following on the
bottom left corner of the screen (status bar) : "Delete Block ?
No(Yes)"

Alfredo Martinez

Hi Suzanne: The WordPect options are not enabled. Sorry for the confusion,
What I meant by new keyboard shorcuts was the "customize keyboard" feature.
Nothing is saved to normal.dot and yes I have acrobat 7

Mary Cullen wrote:
I am using Windows XP, Word 2002 and some keyboard combinations are
not working as well as other problems.

1. "Ctrl Home" brings up the "Find and Replace" dialog box
2. "Home" does nothing
3. When I try and delete a block of text I get the following on the
bottom left corner of the screen (status bar) : "Delete Block ?
No(Yes)"

Unfortunately, Adobe's "fix" for previous problems of dirtying Normal.dot is
to set the Saved property to True so that it is never saved. sigh We can
only hope that Adobe will get their act together soon. Meanwhile, press
Shift and then click on the File menu, then Save All to force a save of
Normal.dot along with your document.

"Alfredo Martinez" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The symptoms you describe are all caused by having the WordPerfect

options
enabled. I can't think of any other explanation. But this is the first

time
you have referred to "new keyboard shortcuts." What new keyboard

shortcuts?
If anything saved to Normal.dot is not being saved, do you have Acrobat

7
installed?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.