Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TinleyParkILGal

Default Remove All Formatting-Top of Letters Cut Off

This has happened to me several times in the past and I have no idea how to
combat this. It primarily happens to documents I inherit where a user has not
used any automatic formatting but has used spaces and tabs and has manually
typed in outline numbers.

In this case I have tried to wipe out the formatting by highlighting the
entire document and choosing body text but it still seems like the tops of
letters are cut off, some items are in superscript, and other lines breaks
are bigger than single spacing. I have also tried to copy the entire document
to a plain, no-format txt document. NOTHING works.

How can I remove all formatting from a document? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Try copying the entire document and then pasting it in WordPad and then
copying it from there and pasting into a new Word document.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote:

This has happened to me several times in the past and I have no idea how to
combat this. It primarily happens to documents I inherit where a user has not
used any automatic formatting but has used spaces and tabs and has manually
typed in outline numbers.

In this case I have tried to wipe out the formatting by highlighting the
entire document and choosing body text but it still seems like the tops of
letters are cut off, some items are in superscript, and other lines breaks
are bigger than single spacing. I have also tried to copy the entire document
to a plain, no-format txt document. NOTHING works.

How can I remove all formatting from a document? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TinleyParkILGal

Carol, thanks for your recommendation. I've already done this. The tops of
the letters are still cut off and there are still letters that are
superscript.

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote:

This has happened to me several times in the past and I have no idea how to
combat this. It primarily happens to documents I inherit where a user has not
used any automatic formatting but has used spaces and tabs and has manually
typed in outline numbers.

In this case I have tried to wipe out the formatting by highlighting the
entire document and choosing body text but it still seems like the tops of
letters are cut off, some items are in superscript, and other lines breaks
are bigger than single spacing. I have also tried to copy the entire document
to a plain, no-format txt document. NOTHING works.

How can I remove all formatting from a document? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Sorry! Are there by any chance text boxes in the document?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote:

This has happened to me several times in the past and I have no idea how to
combat this. It primarily happens to documents I inherit where a user has not
used any automatic formatting but has used spaces and tabs and has manually
typed in outline numbers.

In this case I have tried to wipe out the formatting by highlighting the
entire document and choosing body text but it still seems like the tops of
letters are cut off, some items are in superscript, and other lines breaks
are bigger than single spacing. I have also tried to copy the entire document
to a plain, no-format txt document. NOTHING works.

How can I remove all formatting from a document? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is the Body Text style set to Exact line spacing? Also check the
Compatibility Options, as there are some that affect line spacing with
superscript/subscript.

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote in
message ...
This has happened to me several times in the past and I have no idea how

combat this. It primarily happens to documents I inherit where a user has

not
used any automatic formatting but has used spaces and tabs and has

manually
typed in outline numbers.

In this case I have tried to wipe out the formatting by highlighting the
entire document and choosing body text but it still seems like the tops of
letters are cut off, some items are in superscript, and other lines breaks
are bigger than single spacing. I have also tried to copy the entire

document
to a plain, no-format txt document. NOTHING works.

How can I remove all formatting from a document? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TinleyParkILGal

Thank you Carol and Suzanne for your assistance. I did not realize where the
styles came from (Format, Style and then to modify the style). There were no
text boxes in the document I am currently working on but what I ended up
doing was checking your suggestion Suzanne, and then Carol, I copied and
pasted the document a couple of times into wordpad and finally the 3rd
attempt took more of the formatting out. Now I am manually taking the user's
numbering out (unfortunate but has to be done). Thank you for your help.