rocky312

Default How do I use roman numerals in a word document

I am writing a book and would like to use roman numerals as chapter
guides(e.g. Chapter 1) only with a roman numeral instead of (1). I am using
Microsoft Word 2002.

I have looked in format, tools, insert, and can't find it anywhere?

If you are using autonumbering, you can select I, II, III as the number
format instead of 1, 2, 3. If you select the third pane in the bottom row of
the List Gallery on the Outline Numbered tab of Format | Bullets and
Numbering, roman numerals are already applied to Heading 1. For more on
setting up outline numbering properly, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

"rocky312" wrote in message
I am writing a book and would like to use roman numerals as chapter
guides(e.g. Chapter 1) only with a roman numeral instead of (1). I am

using
Microsoft Word 2002.

I have looked in format, tools, insert, and can't find it anywhere?

rocky312

Suzanne, thank you for the advice. It helped a ton.

"rocky312" wrote in message
I am writing a book and would like to use roman numerals as chapter
guides(e.g. Chapter 1) only with a roman numeral instead of (1). I am

using
Microsoft Word 2002.

I have looked in format, tools, insert, and can't find it anywhere?

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
MS word suggest: Doc linking Krystian Microsoft Word Help 4 December 29th 04 05:41 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
saving the workspace Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 12:32 AM