Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dg92104 dg92104 is offline

Default Word 2007 problem

I have Acrobat 5.0 and Acrobat Distiller 5.0 installed and just installed
Office 2007. In Word 2007, when I try to print a document to the distiller
(to make a .pdf) the phrase "Word is preparing to background print the
document" appears down below with a progress bar which shows no action.
Finally, if I click anywhere on the document, it shows "(not responding)" at
the top and I have to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL to end the task. The same thing
happens with Excel 2007.

Thanks in advance,

Don
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChesterCoronel ChesterCoronel is offline

Hi there!

Do you know that you can now create PDF files from Microsoft Office Word
2007? All you need to do is to to download and install the Microsoft Save as
PDF or XPS add-in from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en.

Hope this helps!
--
Chester C. Coronel
Junior BSIT Student

"dg92104" wrote:

I have Acrobat 5.0 and Acrobat Distiller 5.0 installed and just installed
Office 2007. In Word 2007, when I try to print a document to the distiller
(to make a .pdf) the phrase "Word is preparing to background print the
document" appears down below with a progress bar which shows no action.
Finally, if I click anywhere on the document, it shows "(not responding)" at
the top and I have to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL to end the task. The same thing
happens with Excel 2007.

Thanks in advance,

Don

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To add to what Chester said, Adobe Acrobat 7 and earlier don't seem to get
along all that well with Word 2007 (I haven't tried version 8). I find that
I can print to the Adobe PDF "printer", but that other features don't work
(and having the PDFMaker add-in loaded slows Word 2007 down when switching
between windows). I'm using Adobe Acrobat Profession 7.0, and removed the
add-in and things work better (I can still print to the Adobe PDF Printer).
I do find that Adobe's own tools produce .pdf files that are somewhat more
compact than the free Office 2007 XPS/PDF add-in capability. I don't know
that the same would be true of Acrobat 5's capabilities, though.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com