Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ScooterCrunch ScooterCrunch is offline

Default How do I transpose a table from portrait to landscape?

I copied a table from Excel into word, the table in excel is in portrait
view, so when I copy it into word it is 5 pages long, how do I change the
table to landscape view so it can match my page orientation?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi,

You could insert a Section break before & after the table and re-format the section the table's in to landscape orientation. That's
a whole lot easier than transposing the table.

--
Cheers
macropod

"ScooterCrunch" wrote in message
I copied a table from Excel into word, the table in excel is in portrait
view, so when I copy it into word it is 5 pages long, how do I change the
table to landscape view so it can match my page orientation?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Agreed, but I wasn't supposing anything in that regard.

--
Cheers
macropod

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi,

You could insert a Section break before & after the table and re-format
the section the table's in to landscape orientation. That's a whole lot
easier than transposing the table.

--
Cheers
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"ScooterCrunch" wrote in message
I copied a table from Excel into word, the table in excel is in portrait
view, so when I copy it into word it is 5 pages long, how do I change the
table to landscape view so it can match my page orientation?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Fair enough, though transposing a table in Excel doesn't achieve the same result as you get by rotating it in Word.