Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Fred Holmes

Default Shading does not fill entire cell

Word 2003. Document was created by someone else, so I have no idea of
explicit techniques uesd. Document contains a large table, 5 columns,
100 rows (o/a). I'm trying to edit and "clean up" the document.

Some of the cells are shaded in light gray. Some of the shaded cells
show a thin strip of white (no shading) at the bottom edge of the
cell. This thin strip of white is unwanted, but I can find no cause
of it, no way to elminate it. Strip of white is always at the bottom
of the cell, not on the sides or top.

The white strip is not related to cell margin/padding. The bottom
cell margin is zero. The sides and tops of the cells have a non-zero
cell margin.

The set of specific cells that exhibit this behavior is different
between the on-screen copy (print layout view) and the printed copy.
I.e., in the two different methods of viewing (monitor and printed
page) different cells exhibit this "weird" behavior.

Table extends over 15 pages and has a header row.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fred Holmes