Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rhonda from Western Australia Rhonda from Western Australia is offline

Default Some commands not working in *.docx that work in *.doc

Word 2007 SP1

Further to my post earlier today on embedding linked graphics, it appears
that there are other issues with *.docx files. For example, the Help says
that you can use SHIFT+F5 to return to the last place you were at when you
saved your document.

This works fine in Word 2003, and works fine for Word 2007 documents saved
as *.doc files.

But it doesn't work for *.docx files.

Can anyone point me to a list of things that DON'T work in *.docx files in
Word 2007? I've found at least three today, and am wondering why this format
is the recommended one when so many things just don't work in it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules[_3_] Jules[_3_] is offline

Hi Rhonda from WA,

Shift F5 does work in 2007 files. As always has been the case there are
instances when Shift F5 doesn't work.

Hope this helps.

www.docsliveonline.com

. com wrote in message
Word 2007 SP1

Further to my post earlier today on embedding linked graphics, it appears
that there are other issues with *.docx files. For example, the Help says
that you can use SHIFT+F5 to return to the last place you were at when you
saved your document.

This works fine in Word 2003, and works fine for Word 2007 documents saved
as *.doc files.

But it doesn't work for *.docx files.

Can anyone point me to a list of things that DON'T work in *.docx files in
Word 2007? I've found at least three today, and am wondering why this
format
is the recommended one when so many things just don't work in it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rhonda from Western Australia Rhonda from Western Australia is offline

Hi Jules

Can you give me examples of these 'cases'?

I have exactly the same document I created in Word 2007. It is saved as
test.docx file and as test.doc file. I can go to a place in both documents
and save and close each from there. When I open the test.doc file, the
SHIFT+F5 command works, but if I do exactly the same on exactly the test.docx
file, SHIFT+F5 does NOT work.

. com wrote in message
Word 2007 SP1

Further to my post earlier today on embedding linked graphics, it appears
that there are other issues with *.docx files. For example, the Help says
that you can use SHIFT+F5 to return to the last place you were at when you
saved your document.

This works fine in Word 2003, and works fine for Word 2007 documents saved
as *.doc files.

But it doesn't work for *.docx files.

Can anyone point me to a list of things that DON'T work in *.docx files in
Word 2007? I've found at least three today, and am wondering why this
format
is the recommended one when so many things just don't work in it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules[_3_] Jules[_3_] is offline

Rhonda it appears to only work on Active Document not when doc is
saved/closed and reopened.

But SHIFT F5 and ALT CTRL Z are mapped to the keyboard as defaults.

You could use a macro to compensate.

. com wrote in message
Word 2007 SP1

Further to my post earlier today on embedding linked graphics, it
appears
that there are other issues with *.docx files. For example, the Help
says
that you can use SHIFT+F5 to return to the last place you were at when
you
saved your document.

This works fine in Word 2003, and works fine for Word 2007 documents
saved
as *.doc files.

But it doesn't work for *.docx files.

Can anyone point me to a list of things that DON'T work in *.docx files
in
Word 2007? I've found at least three today, and am wondering why this
format
is the recommended one when so many things just don't work in it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules[_3_] Jules[_3_] is offline

The VBA is
Application.GoBack

and visit http://word.mvps.org/faqs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm

for more information on a solution.

. com wrote in message
Word 2007 SP1

Further to my post earlier today on embedding linked graphics, it
appears
that there are other issues with *.docx files. For example, the Help
says
that you can use SHIFT+F5 to return to the last place you were at when
you
saved your document.

This works fine in Word 2003, and works fine for Word 2007 documents
saved
as *.doc files.

But it doesn't work for *.docx files.

Can anyone point me to a list of things that DON'T work in *.docx
files in
Word 2007? I've found at least three today, and am wondering why this
format
is the recommended one when so many things just don't work in it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules[_3_] Jules[_3_] is offline

Rhonda I just found a conversation with Jay Freedman MVP that seems to
acknowledge it is a bug in Word 2007 on document close. I use my own
bookmark/macro function on close so doc close does not bother me and when
doc is open I use Shift F5.

Hope you find a workable solution..

. com wrote in message
Word 2007 SP1

Further to my post earlier today on embedding linked graphics, it
appears
that there are other issues with *.docx files. For example, the Help
says
that you can use SHIFT+F5 to return to the last place you were at when
you
saved your document.

This works fine in Word 2003, and works fine for Word 2007 documents
saved
as *.doc files.

But it doesn't work for *.docx files.

Can anyone point me to a list of things that DON'T work in *.docx files
in
Word 2007? I've found at least three today, and am wondering why this
format
is the recommended one when so many things just don't work in it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Rhonda,

The Shift+F5 works if you save the file in .doc format in Word 2007. It does not work if you save in .docX/.docM format. There
does not appear to be a provision in the specification for the new file format to store that value/location of the prior 'jump
points'.

There are some known issues, but as in previous versions it's more of articles in the MS Knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com
for individual ones and for sites such as http://mvps.word.org and others that address specific cases rather than trying to keep a
list, as many of the items that don't work can be either (a) situational [specific configurations/actions], that wouldn't apply to a
lot of folks or (b) work differently in a newer version rather than just in this one

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP