Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KK KK is offline

Default the file is corrupt and cannot be opened

I have saved my work on June 1, now i cant open it. I dont know what is the
problem. The error message said " The file cannot be opened because there are
problem with the contents. Details: the file is corrupt and cannot be
opened." I really need the information inside the file. Anyone can help?
Please it is very urgent and important.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Experience is showing me that the most common corruption is the zip file
being broken, in which case there is probably nothing I can do, but if the
zip is sound and the xml is causing a problem, I may be able to recover some
of it. Send me the file and I will take a look. No promises, though.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"KK" wrote in message
I have saved my work on June 1, now i cant open it. I dont know what is the
problem. The error message said " The file cannot be opened because there
are
problem with the contents. Details: the file is corrupt and cannot be
opened." I really need the information inside the file. Anyone can help?
Please it is very urgent and important.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KK KK is offline

Thanks Tony,

How am i able to send u a file?

"KK" wrote:

I have saved my work on June 1, now i cant open it. I dont know what is the
problem. The error message said " The file cannot be opened because there are
problem with the contents. Details: the file is corrupt and cannot be
opened." I really need the information inside the file. Anyone can help?
Please it is very urgent and important.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KK KK is offline

Thanks Tony,

but how am I able to send u a file?

"KK" wrote in message
I have saved my work on June 1, now i cant open it. I dont know what is the
problem. The error message said " The file cannot be opened because there
are
problem with the contents. Details: the file is corrupt and cannot be
opened." I really need the information inside the file. Anyone can help?
Please it is very urgent and important.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I don't know what version of Word you're in, but Word 2003 has a function
called "Open and Repair."

Open Word (no document, just Word). Then use either the Ctrl-O function or
the File-Open menu option. When the Open screen comes up, navigate to your
corrupt file and select it. (Just select it -- don't double click it.) Next
to the Open button is a tiny down arrow. Select that down arrow and choose
Open and Repair. This gives you at least a chance of recovering some of your
document.

Often you will lose formatting or sometimes chunks of text, depending on
what is corrupt, but most of the time you'll get back at least part of your
document. Sometimes, I think that success with this method depends on either
(a) how you hold your mouth, or (b) whether you're living a good, clean,
honest, Christian life. If it works, say it's because of (b). If it doesn't,
blame it on (a).

Fred

"KK" wrote:

I have saved my work on June 1, now i cant open it. I dont know what is the
problem. The error message said " The file cannot be opened because there are
problem with the contents. Details: the file is corrupt and cannot be
opened." I really need the information inside the file. Anyone can help?
Please it is very urgent and important.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Send it to me at: