Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default Normal style behaves differently inside a table cell, Word 2007

Something odd just started happening in a document I have been working
on for a couple of weeks. Art least, I think it just started
happening.

The document has a lot of tables. This morning, I added a row to one
of the tables by tabbing out of teh last row. The new row had a
different format from the one I tabbed out of. Both show that they
afre using the Normal style, but the previous row is Times New Roman
while the new one is Calibri.

If I select some text inside the table and type Ctrl-Shift-N to apply
the Normal style, it is changed to Calibri. If I do the same thing
outside the table, it the font is Times New Roman.

For some reason, the Normal style behaves differently inside the table
than outside.

Can someone tell me what I did and how to undo it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 19:59:19 GMT, "Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com"
u43222@uwe wrote:

What version of Word are you using?

2007 (see subject line)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Hi Sam,

You could use Shift+F1 to see where the formatting is coming from.

It might be a result of the table style (special formatting for the last
row, or for the bottom left cell)?

Or look in the ribbon, "Table Tools Design tab", on the left ("Table style
options"), and test whether the formatting changes when you uncheck "Total
row".

Regards,
Klaus