Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GomerFackworth (is this unusual enough?)[_2_] GomerFackworth (is this unusual enough?)[_2_] is offline

Default I feel like I've arrived on another planet with Office 2007

Is Word 2007 still a word processor? Every time I work in W'07 I end up
tearing my hair out. I try to outline, but there is no outline toolbar. I
try and use help "missing toolbars", but hundreds of items like this come up
"I cannot link to a record in Business Contact Manager from a program in an
Office suite" There is no logical search result for "toolbars".
This is about the 20th time I have tried to use Word 2007, and I always end
up wasting hours of non productive time trying to do just simple things.
What gives?
Please tell me if I have not installed it properly: if I have to buy an
expensive tutorial since I can't find a tutorial anywhere; if there is
anywhere that I can go to find out how to use it without having to download
yet another program.
I curse Redmond, Washington for all the waste lives they cause.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Betcha can't wait for the next version, coming your way soon.

"GomerFackworth (is this unusual enough?)"
rosoft.com wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you go to Outline View (using the familiar button down in the
Status Bar, or View tab Outline), an Outlining tab appears at the
left end of the Ribbon with all the familiar commands (and maybe more
-- I never used Outline, so I don't know if there are any new
features).

More generally, just about every one of the dozens (hundreds?) of
keyboard shortcuts familiar from earlier versions still works.

And you can put onto the Quick Access Toolbar just about every command
you use (which used to be scattered over lots of toolbars) but not the
ones you don't use. Right-click on the QAT and choose "Customize."
It's probably easiest just to set the dropdown to "All Commands" so
you don't have to try to figure out where to find the ones you want.
Position your QAT below the Ribbon for convenient access, and Minimize
the Ribbon so you don't have to look at it until you really need it.
(Double-click on any tab; to use a command, single-click on a tab; to
bring the Ribbon back, double-click on any tab.)