JerryG

Default Unique footers

Using Word 2002. I have a drawing composed of some text followed by a long
table. The table is set up to repeat a few title rows at the top of each
page. Also, use header and footer to insert the drawing number along with
other required information. Now, when I need to revise a few pages, I want
to insert a revision letter at the bottom of the pages that contain changes.
Is there an easier way other than insert section breaks before and after each
page change, recopy the title information rows at the top of each new
section, and rework the "page setup" for each new section? It gets messy in
a hurry with multiple revisions. Thanks.
--
Jerry
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmVycnlH?=,

Using Word 2002. I have a drawing composed of some text followed by a long
table. The table is set up to repeat a few title rows at the top of each
page. Also, use header and footer to insert the drawing number along with
other required information. Now, when I need to revise a few pages, I want
to insert a revision letter at the bottom of the pages that contain changes.
Is there an easier way other than insert section breaks before and after each
page change, recopy the title information rows at the top of each new
section, and rework the "page setup" for each new section? It gets messy in
a hurry with multiple revisions.

Not really. Word isn't designed to support creating revisions in this manner.
Best I could suggest would be to position a text box or frame (Forms toolbar) so
that it *looks* like it's in the header/footer. That would at least save you the
section breaks...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org