Curious

Default How do I avoid printing table gridlines in Word?

How do I avoid printing table gridlines in Word? They print whether show/hide
gridlines is on or off.
CyberTaz

Hi Curious-

Table Gridlines are distinct from Table Borders, which may be the problem.
Try selecting the table & using FormatBorders and Shading, set the Borders
to None. You can also take a look at TableTable AutoFormat and see if there
is a style without borders that will serve your need.

HTH |:)

On 9/24/05 2:05 PM, in article
, "Curious"
wrote:

How do I avoid printing table gridlines in Word? They print whether show/hide
gridlines is on or off.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
qtbutn qtbutn is offline

Thanks to CyberTaz's genious answer, I realized you can simply go to Format,
then Borders/Shading and change the color lines from black to white! That
makes them competely disappear! And if you are using colored paper, well
just match the color from the color table to the paper and you should have no
problems!

wrote:

How do I avoid printing table gridlines in Word? They print whether show/hide
gridlines is on or off.

My Dear CyberTaz

You are a genius, a wonder, and all good things! I have spent 2 days in
Google, on the Web, Microsoft's Help, books on Word and everywhere except the
Halls of Congress to try to find the answer to this question that only you
were able to provide. Now, setting up text columns in tables is much better
in many ways than using "Parallel Columns," so you would think that the
answer to my question would surely be easy to find. Microsoft is very much at
fault in not providing the instructions that only you were able to. Thank
you, thank you, thank you!!

No longer curious

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Two mistakes he

1. You can remove borders entirely; they don't have to be any color. To do
so, choose None in the Format | Borders and Shading dialog.

2. White borders do not print white; they just don't print. If you choose
colored borders to match your paper color, they will print colored and will
show up on the paper; white borders, on the other hand, will not print. But
neither will No Border.