Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack

Default Is there a good template to facilitate use Word to author a novel

My daughter is starting an amateur novel, and I was hoping to find a good
template for Word to facilitate her efforts.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Jane Austen, unquestionably.

"Jack" wrote in message
My daughter is starting an amateur novel, and I was hoping to find a good
template for Word to facilitate her efforts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack

Default Is there a good template to facilitate use Word to author a no

I apologise for my ignorance, but I'm not sure what "Jane Austen" refers to.

Can you give me a link or something to help me?

Thanks

"Jack" wrote in message
My daughter is starting an amateur novel, and I was hoping to find a good
template for Word to facilitate her efforts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

Word doesn't have any templates that will help your daughter write a novel.

Jezebel was suggesting that Jane Austen would be a good author for her to
read--and indeed, reading good authors would facilitate her efforts.

If you search the web, you are sure to find advice for new fiction writers,
or look for a creative writing class at your community college. Googling for
"novel template" will even turn some stuff up.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

I apologise for my ignorance, but I'm not sure what "Jane Austen" refers
to.

That is one of the saddest posts I've ever read.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Agreed.

"Jezebel" wrote in message

I apologise for my ignorance, but I'm not sure what "Jane Austen" refers
to.

That is one of the saddest posts I've ever read.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might point your daughter to
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordsintotype/Template.htm

"Jack" wrote in message
My daughter is starting an amateur novel, and I was hoping to find a good
template for Word to facilitate her efforts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack

Hi Suzanne,

Firstly, thank you for the pointer to this template. I will work with it for
a bit and see if it is suitable, but on the surface it looks exactly like
what I wanted.

As for Jezebel's post ... it is not that I was ignorant of the works of Jane
Austin, but rather that I couldn't see how the two words "Jane Austin" was a
response to my request for a template. I just couldn't see the link, and
thought that perhaps Jane had a website or template source that Jezebel was
referring to. I googled but couldn't find it, and that is why I posted back
to Jezebel for more information. I believe her intent was wonderful, but a
bit to terse for me to make the connection.

Thank you again for your help,
Jack

"Jack" wrote in message
My daughter is starting an amateur novel, and I was hoping to find a good
template for Word to facilitate her efforts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick S Jones Patrick S Jones is offline

"Jack" wrote:

My daughter is starting an amateur novel, and I was hoping to find a good
template for Word to facilitate her efforts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could refer her to http://home.earthlink.net/~wordsintotype/Template.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Patrick S Jones" Patrick S wrote in