Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kay ingalls kay ingalls is offline

Default what to look for when buying a laptop(for college)

I am interested in buying a laptop for school, to take with me when i travel
to do my assignments. I want something affordable but also something that
will perform well.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

As Suzanne said, this is not covered by this newsgroup however...visit the
website for the school you'll be attending. I can guarantee that somewhere
on that site is the school's recommendation for computers. (I used to sell
computers and did A LOT of searching of college sites.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"kay ingalls" kay wrote in message
I am interested in buying a laptop for school, to take with me when i
travel
to do my assignments. I want something affordable but also something that
will perform well.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Try www.tomshardware.com or www.computershopper.com for some good reviews.

If you are asking for advice about what specs we recommend specifically for
running Microsoft Word in Windows XP, please ask again.

"kay ingalls" kay wrote in message
I am interested in buying a laptop for school, to take with me when i
travel
to do my assignments. I want something affordable but also something that
will perform well.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GreyGoose GreyGoose is offline

kay ingalls wrote:
I am interested in buying a laptop for school, to take with me when i travel
to do my assignments. I want something affordable but also something that
will perform well.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

You can get one at eCost.com for about $700-$900. I just bought one for
$780 & when I checked the retail, it should have been $2,000. It was an
HP Pavilion dv5130. I recommend Hewlett Packard

HP Compaq ZD8215 Notebook
$767.20 not including shipping which could run about $20
Comes with 512 RAM, can be maxxed out to 2Gigs
2.8GHz Pavilion Pentium 4 DVD±R/RW and CD-RW Combo Wireless Notebook ZD8215 (Open Box) In Stock, usually ships next day
2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 520 Ht Tech, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, DVD±R/RW and CD-RW Combo DL, Modem,

Wireless 802.11 a/b/g, 17.0" WXGA+ High-Definition BrightView (1440 x
900), Win XP Media Center Ed (Open Box)
eCOST.com Part #34066112
Mfg. Part #EC303UAR#ABAOBB1

Next time, find another user group because this is the wrong one!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

If you buy a Dell or HP, get the PC De-Crapifier v1.6 (formerly the Dell
De-Crapifier). It will save you tons of grief. Read the information on thei
page: http://www.yorkspace.com/2006/10/67#more-67