Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jas Jas is offline

Default Insert text/symbols in the left margin

Hello and HELP,

I have a document, actually it is a tech manual now, that in the right
margin I have placed symbols/function/shortcut keys next to a particuliar
step to follow. I need to move these symbols/keys which are basically just
copy and pasted pics to the left margin. My delimia is that these steps
(where I have placed the shortcut symbols) are bulletized. Does anyone have
any ideas on how I can do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you saying you used
picture bullets, want to use picture bullets, are having trouble with
marginal graphics next to bulleted text, or what?

"JAS" wrote in message
Hello and HELP,

I have a document, actually it is a tech manual now, that in the right
margin I have placed symbols/function/shortcut keys next to a particuliar
step to follow. I need to move these symbols/keys which are basically just
copy and pasted pics to the left margin. My delimia is that these steps
(where I have placed the shortcut symbols) are bulletized. Does anyone

have
any ideas on how I can do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jas Jas is offline

Here is an example, I use a bullet and then I list the step to follow for
someone to perform. When performing a certain step, the user may have to go
to a certain area of the program so I have copied and pasted a picture of the
speed bar button they can click on from the program to go to that area.
These pictures are in the right margin which was easier to do because I just
decreased the right margin and then put a column on the entire right margin
to seperate the text from these speed buttons. I now have to move them from
the right margin to the left margin. This is creating a problem because I
have topic indents and then the bulletized steps are indented a little more.
I guess what I am trying to do is increase the left margin and be able to
copy these pics/symbols to the left side without messing up my text. Does
that make any sense??

Thank you,

JAS

"JAS" wrote in message
Hello and HELP,

I have a document, actually it is a tech manual now, that in the right
margin I have placed symbols/function/shortcut keys next to a particuliar
step to follow. I need to move these symbols/keys which are basically just
copy and pasted pics to the left margin. My delimia is that these steps
(where I have placed the shortcut symbols) are bulletized. Does anyone

have
any ideas on how I can do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you increase the left margin and decrease the right margin, you should
still have the same length of text line.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you saying you used
picture bullets, want to use picture bullets, are having trouble with
marginal graphics next to bulleted text, or what?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"JAS" wrote in message
Hello and HELP,

I have a document, actually it is a tech manual now, that in the right
margin I have placed symbols/function/shortcut keys next to a

particuliar
step to follow. I need to move these symbols/keys which are basically

just
copy and pasted pics to the left margin. My delimia is that these

steps
(where I have placed the shortcut symbols) are bulletized. Does anyone

have
any ideas on how I can do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jas Jas is offline

Yeah on any other line where there is not a bullet that would be the case.
These speed buttons(pictures and hot keys) need to be on the same line as the
bulletized line to show that the user has the option of performing the step
or using the speed function. I inserted a text box to the left of a bullet
and of course it pushes everything to the right and then nothing lines up as
it should. I can then move the left margin to slide it over, but this
document is over 400 pages. I was really hoping there was a way to, I don't
know put a frame or column or something in the left margin and then be able
to cut and paste what I need to over in the left margin.

"JAS" wrote in message
Hello and HELP,

I have a document, actually it is a tech manual now, that in the right
margin I have placed symbols/function/shortcut keys next to a

particuliar
step to follow. I need to move these symbols/keys which are basically

just
copy and pasted pics to the left margin. My delimia is that these

steps
(where I have placed the shortcut symbols) are bulletized. Does anyone
have
any ideas on how I can do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I suspect you need to fine-tune the wrapping options on your marginal object
(in particular the "Distance from text"). You originally said you had a
wider right margin to allow for the graphics; if you transfer the excess
from right to left, you should still be where you started. Note that the
graphic doesn't need to be in a text box; just set the wrapping on the
picture itself.