Spinksy_71

Default My Favorite Directories

all good and well, but I am constanly adding and updating files to my
favourite folder. it's not as easy to do this using my places - this is
really annoying! I've had 2003 on machine for tow days and it's driving me
crazy!!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you read the replies? You can add Favorites back to the Places Bar
easily, and you can also add any other folder you like.

"bill" wrote in message
Bill wrote; i have exactly this same problem. who do we see about

helping
us fix it and why in $%#@ name did microsoft do away with this. i used it
all the time. i am thinking about reloading my 2002 version. it's better
than 2003

"Anita" wrote:

I just got Word 2003. In a previous version when I went to Open, there

was an icon or button that I could click on that would give me a list of
specific directories that I saved under Favorites. In 2003, it no longer has
that and I can't seem to find an option for it. Does anyone know how to get
back this feature?

Graham Mayor

Set the documents folder in tools options file locations documents to
the folder you use most often to save your documents. Add your regularly
used other folders to the My Places bar. One click on the appropriate Places
bar link and you are working in that folder til you change it again. What's
so difficult about that?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you read the replies? You can add Favorites back to the Places
Bar easily, and you can also add any other folder you like.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Anita" wrote:

I just got Word 2003. In a previous version when I went to Open,
there

was an icon or button that I could click on that would give me a
list of specific directories that I saved under Favorites. In 2003,
it no longer has that and I can't seem to find an option for it.
Does anyone know how to get back this feature?

Jab

I just got Word 2003. In a previous version when I went to Open, there was an icon or button that I could click on that would give me a list of specific directories that I saved under Favorites. In 2003, it no longer has that and I can't seem to find an option for it. Does anyone know how to get back this feature?

Joe McGuire

Good heavens, you are absoslutely right. I just got a new laptop with
Office 2003 and Word. Didn't notice this glaring hole! In fact I was
looking at Word 2003 to show you how to find them--and they ain't there!
Using these favorites or bookmarks is absolutely indispensable! Even if the
darned file is cluttered up with all your IE favorites--which are pretty
useless in Word but some dweeb in Redmond probably had this dream of
"convergence"--a nightmare to most of us!

"Jab" wrote in message

"Anita" wrote:

I just got Word 2003. In a previous version when I went to Open, there
was an icon or button that I could click on that would give me a list of
specific directories that I saved under Favorites. In 2003, it no longer
has that and I can't seem to find an option for it. Does anyone know how
to get back this feature?

Graham Mayor

You don't need favourites in Word 2003. You can use the File Operations
Places Bar to the same end. You can add favourites to this if you want.
http://www.gmayor.com/customize_the_word_places_bar.htm.
As for favourites generally, the list is editable. You can have all or none
of the standard items as you wish.

Good heavens, you are absolutely right. I just got a new laptop with

"Jab" wrote in message

"Anita" wrote:

I just got Word 2003. In a previous version when I went to Open,
there was an icon or button that I could click on that would give
me a list of specific directories that I saved under Favorites. In
2003, it no longer has that and I can't seem to find an option for
it. Does anyone know how to get back this feature?

Spinksy_71

Graham - people use this site to come to get help from people who may have
had the same problem (and it's often more helpful than getting it staright
from microsoft) - they don't come here to be judged by people like you.
(and by the way - your advice was crap)

"Anita" wrote:

I just got Word 2003. In a previous version when I went to Open,
there
was an icon or button that I could click on that would give me a
list of specific directories that I saved under Favorites. In 2003,
it no longer has that and I can't seem to find an option for it.
Does anyone know how to get back this feature?

Graham Mayor

You came here to whinge. The advice you were given was correct. Whether you
like it or not is another matter entirely. If you don't like the advice you
get here for free, from people who know Word inside out and are prepared to
offer their time to provide it, then go somewhere else for your advice.
Microsoft will be happy to take your money, but the answer will still be the
same.