Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yadira Cruz Yadira Cruz is offline

Default How do I set a word counter in a letter?

In a letter I need to know how many words I am writing. How can I set a
counter for that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Word 2003 previous versions - Go to Menu
Tools
Word Count

HOPE this helps
"Yadira Cruz" Yadira wrote in message
In a letter I need to know how many words I am writing. How can I set a
counter for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Hunter Karen Hunter is offline

If you want to just count words in particular paragraph or section, highlight
that section and go to Tools -- Word Count.
--
Karen Hunter

"Yadira Cruz" wrote:

In a letter I need to know how many words I am writing. How can I set a
counter for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to what Summer and Karen have said, if you're using Word 2003,
there is a Word Count toolbar. Right-click any toolbar and choose Word
Count. Drag the toolbar to wherever it's convenient. You can click Recount
at any time to update the count display (you should be able to press Alt+C
to recount, too, although it doesn't always work, depending on if Alt+C has
been reserved for something else). Click the counter's dropdown arrow to see
additional counting options.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible