rodneychemist

Default How do I PERMANENTLY hide the PDF Maker toolbar in word

The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after I turn it
off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?
garfield-n-odie

See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm .

"rodneychemist" wrote:

The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after I turn it
off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?

rodneychemist

I can't seem to open the link that you have given. Is there a newer link or
another place I can find the information?

Thanks

"rodneychemist" wrote:

The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after I turn it
off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?

Graham Mayor

Try the link a bit later - the site appears to be down, beyond my control,
at the moment and I am currently away from my home country so cannot readily
check with the web host at present. I will in the meantime e-mail them to
complain

"rodneychemist" wrote:

The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after I
turn it off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?

Graham Mayor

Good thinking, but this is the second time in the last couple of months that
1 & 1 has managed to lose my web site. Again it happened at weekend when it
means hanging on to a support line for ages. They respond to e-mail but that
can take 48 hours, so not much is going to happen until Monday. I certainly
don't fancy listening to a recorded message for upwards of an hour at
international telephone call rates

I'll be back in the UK by Monday so if they haven't got their fingers out by
then ...........

"rodneychemist" wrote:

The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after
I turn it off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?

Juliea

I'd be interested in knowing this, too. That PDF toolbar
is quite annoying.

The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word,

even after I turn it
off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?
.

Graham Mayor

If you remove it permanently, you lose the functionality its macros provide.
Better to control it

Juliea wrote:
I'd be interested in knowing this, too. That PDF toolbar
is quite annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Which version of Acrobat? The methods shown on my web page cover versions
5&6 with a separate section at the end for version 7.

Are you sure you are looking in the correct folder for PDFMaker.DOT (if
used) i.e. is it listed in tools templates & add-ins? You can drag that
dialog box wider to view the full path.

For macros - http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm - this is linked
from the Acrobat page!

"rodneychemist" wrote:
The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after I
turn it off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm.

Hope this helps,
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"rodneychemist" wrote:
The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after I turn
it
off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DianeWms

Which version of Acrobat? The methods shown on my web page cover versions
5&6 with a separate section at the end for version 7.

My Acrobat is version 7. I'll have to check with the DHS Help Desk to see if
they can upgrade it to 7.0.5. I don't think I can do it myself on my
workstation. PDFMaker.dot is not in any of my subfolders! The MS Office
Startup folder on my hard drive is empty! I did a search on the whole C:
drive and it's not anywhere! Yet that damn tool bar keeps showing up!
Actually, the toolbar now does not show up when I first open Word, but it
manages to sneak its way back in later. I think just puting the macro in the
startup folder worked.

I'd also like delete it from my Outlook email, but I can't if I can't find
the file to move from the Outlook directory. Can I put the same macro
somewhere else so it won't show up in Outlook when I'm using Word as my email
editor?
***
Are you sure you are looking in the correct folder for PDFMaker.DOT (if
used) i.e. is it listed in tools templates & add-ins? You can drag that
dialog box wider to view the full path.

That dialog box is blank.
***
~~Diane W.

"rodneychemist" wrote:
The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after I
turn it off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If the DHS (Government Department?) won't upgrade then that is very short
sighted - but hey The page gives workarounds for this eventuality.
I don't use Acrobat 7 so cannot say how it is implemented for Outlook. In
Acrobat 6 a separate DLL was used to provide Acrobat implementation in
Outlook. Try searching your hard drive for that dll - PDFMOutlook.dll and if
found unregister it by running the following command line from Windows
Start Run

regsvr32 /u "c:\path to the file\PDFMOutlook.dll"

Restart Windows.

If not you'll have to consult Adobe or ask in an Outlook group.