Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barrie barrie is offline

Default Header depth after first page

I have a Word 2007 template that includes a 2" first page header with a
picture etc. I do not want the remaining pages to have a blank header of
that depth. How does one adjust the header depth in subsequent pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On the Header & Footer Tools - Design tab, check the Different First Page
box in the Options Section.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Barrie" wrote in message
I have a Word 2007 template that includes a 2" first page header with a
picture etc. I do not want the remaining pages to have a blank header of
that depth. How does one adjust the header depth in subsequent pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Doug has given you the starting point; for more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, which explains how to
have a deeper header on the first page without changing the top or header
margin.

"Barrie" wrote in message
I have a Word 2007 template that includes a 2" first page header with a
picture etc. I do not want the remaining pages to have a blank header of
that depth. How does one adjust the header depth in subsequent pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barrie barrie is offline

The problem is that I set the template up without doing that, then
subsequently edited it with that clicked. Unfortunately that has left me
with deep headers for subsequent pages, although I got rid of the picture on
the header in all but the first page.

TOC in depth trainning Luc Page Layout 6 January 28th 08 10:21 PM
How do I kep the depth of my headers consistent thru the document brian Page Layout 2 November 17th 05 11:22 PM
How do I resize the depth of a header? Nancy Margolis Microsoft Word Help 1 August 18th 05 03:36 PM
TOC - change depth in some sections? -Steve-Krause- New Users 7 January 26th 05 02:25 AM
Can't edit header depth RCCPIO Page Layout 1 January 11th 05 08:22 PM