Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katie Wengel Katie Wengel is offline

Default Word: Copy & paste--the font style & size randomly changes--Why?

When I copy text from one document and insert into another document, the font
style and size often change automatically. Usually it is a font or a size
that I never use. Does anyone know why, or how to stop this from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A way to keep this from happening is to use Paste Special, which has
several options. In Word2007, you get at it with the arrow under the
Paste icon.

A reason it may be happening is that the font's style and size you
don't use are set as the defaults, and you've been using manual
formatting instead of styles to alter the appearance of your text.

On Sep 10, 9:52*am, Katie Wengel Katie
wrote:
When I copy text from one document and insert into another document, the font
style and size often change automatically. *Usually it is a font or a size
that I never use. *Does anyone know why, or how to stop this from happening? *

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For an explanation of this phenomenon, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html

http://word.mvps.org